|Job Title||CCT Registered Nurse*|
|Location||Los Angeles County,CA*||*Position is based out of Los Angeles County,CA|
Liberty Ambulance is actively seeking on-call, full-time and part-time Specialty Care Transport (SCT) Nurses who are able to perform basic life support support, advanced life support and critical care nursing. The SCT RN provides care to the sick or injured patient following Standing Physician Orders, Company Policies and Procedures within the guidelines set forth by the local EMS Agency. The SCT RN assesses, treats and monitors patients during interfacility transports.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to calls in a timely manner following Company and County protocols.
- Performs and documents a complete assessment on each transport patient.
- Performs patient care within the scope of a Registered Nurse as per the Board of Registered Nursing, AHA, and government agencies.
- Demonstrates multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize quickly and independently in critical situations.
- Has ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Has extensive knowledge of the uses, doses and side effects of medications as they apply to different medical conditions and how to determine the effectiveness of the medication.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the SCT-RN coordinator.
- Represents the SCT program and the Company in a professional manner.
- Complies with all protocols for treatment and transportation of the sick and injured as defined by the company and governing agencies.
- Maintains and replenishes SCT equipment and supplies as needed.
- Maintains equipment in working order.
- Maintains courteous, professional, and ethical behavior while working cooperatively with other members of the health care system, co-workers, and the public.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with patients and their families, co-workers, hospital staff and other members of EMS.
- Performs other duties as assigned including those specific to the local operation.
- Takes a leadership role. Mentors EMTs, students, and new employees.
- Has regular attendance consistent with scheduled hours. Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Documents pertinent patient information neatly and accurately on all required SCT forms/documents. (Patient Care Records, Physician Standing Orders, PCS forms, etc.).
- Completes and turns in appropriate documents prior to leaving duty.
- Ensures all required licenses and certifications remain current and in good standing.
- Attend all Company required training, and mandatory Company updates. Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
- Current license in good standing as a Registered Nurse as required by the state of California.
- Minimum two (2) years current (within past 18 months) Emergency Room or Intensive Care Unit experience.
- Current AHA BLS card.
- Current AHA ACLS card.
- Current AHA PALS card.
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) preferred; required within 2 months of hire.
- Current Trauma Critical Care certification (TNCC/ PHTLS) desired.
- Current CEN, CCRN, MICN, CFRN or CTRN preferred.
- Current state Driver’s License in good standing.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s Driving Policy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Other qualifications/certifications specific to the local operation and/or contract requirements.
- Able to safely lift 75 pounds.
*Please upload above certifications, documents, and resume to portal.